Fitness Tips: Ten Ways To Squeeze In Time For Exercise
Fitness tips:Most people know how important exercise is to good health and fitness. But many people have trouble fitting in a regular routine on a daily basis. The following tips can help you to use creative ways to squeeze in some exercise:
1. The first and most obvious, while watching television get up walk around, stretch, do a few sit ups, or crunches, walk in place, jog in place, just move instead of sitting in your recliner. You can do this easily during any of the many commercials on TV.
2. When you first wake up in the morning before you get out of bed, do some stretches or tummy crunches. As you get out of bed, just do a few more easy stretches before you start your day.
3. When ever you go shopping at the mall or on your way to the office, take the stairs instead of the elevator.
4. Hitting the grocery store? Park at the far end of the parking lot to give yourself a little time to get some walking done.
5. Doing household chores is a great opportunity to do a little bit of exercise. Step it up a bit, turn on the radio and get moving. Try making vacuuming or sweeping floors an aerobic activity. Put a little extra movement into your work as you clean your house.
6. Making time to be with family can be a challenging thing. How about spending quality time with your family by getting them moving with you. Take a walk in the evening and talk about everyone’s day.
7. Many people work 8-10 hours a day. This doesn’t leave a lot of extra time to work out. If that’s what your day is like, try taking a walk on your lunch break, do steps and stretches at your desk. They even make a bicycle pedal that you can put under your desk to keep those legs moving all day(you can do the movement without the actual pedal too!)
In The Kitchen
8. When cooking dinner you can make up several creative ways to move while you fix dinner for your family. You can dance through the kitchen as you gather ingredients. You can walk in place while you stir the sauce. How about doing toe touches while you wait for the timer to buzz. Do step ups on the kitchen stool. Once you get started, I’m sure you can think of many more that can be done.
On The Phone
9. Another time to think about moving is when you talk on the phone. Instead of just sitting down while you’re talking on the phone. Get up and walk around while you talk.
10. The idea is for you to get more active even when you don’t seem to have the time. Start small with just a few of these fitness tips and work towards more, even as little as 6 minutes a day can improve your overall health and fitness. Fitness tips
Return Home to Senior Fitness
Contact from Fitness Tips