Exercise Programs Can Be Challenging: Here Are 7 Tips For Exercising When You Don't Seem To Have The Time.
Exercise programs on a daily basis can be very challenging for many people. The trick is to find ways to get some exercise in no matter how busy you seem to be. The benefits of being active are worth the effort of daily workouts.
Keep in mind that your routine doesn't have to be long and drawn out. In fact, it's okay to reduce the amount of work you do from time to time. Here are 7 tips that can help you to get some activity in especially when you are busy:
1. Try to get some activity done during the day. When you're watching TV, do a few pushups and a few crunches. Or walk in place for a few minutes. Do a few knee bends as you're ironing the clothes or doing the laundry. Work in the garden or mow the yard.
2. Recruit a family member or friend to work out with you for a specified amount of time. Take a walk around the block after dinner or go to the park for a brief hike.
3. Possibly set your alarm to get up a few minutes earlier. Just do a few movements to get you going for the day. You can also plan a light workout an hour or so before you go to bed. You might even be able to sleep a little better.
4. Look for something you enjoy doing that doesn't seem like work. Ride a bicycle or stationary bike.
5. Buy a workout DVD that lasts for ten or fifteen minutes.
6. If pressed for time, reduce the number of movements from your usual routine. Do one or two that work mostly your legs, like free-hand squats or lunges.
7. Take a ten or fifteen minute walk around the block instead of twenty or thirty minutes. You can always get back to your routine the next day. Following at least a couple of these tips should help you to keep up with a daily exercise program.
Return Home to Senior Fitness
Return From Exercise Programs To Walking For Fitness